Re: [Exim] Exim at high loads

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Sebastien J. Gross
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim at high loads
On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 11:11:55AM +0200, Sebastien J. Gross wrote:
> Tamas TEVESZ <ice@???> writes:
>
> > except for the fact that the "maintainer"of debian's primary mta has,
> > well, lets face it, has disappeared quite a long time ago.
> >
> > i find it strange noone (inside debian) noticed that yet.
>
> Well it's not a secret the Exim Debian package _really sucks_. There
> is no compilation option included, a many binaries are missing.

Mmmh, I don't agree with you.
Sure, it only comes with one exim binary, but it has lots of work put
into it, and comes with a nice config screen to help you make your
config file.

> I compiled my own exim debian (with embeded perl, mysql support, much
> more binaries...) it works fine.

So did I, and the point is that it only took me 10mn because the
original package was fine, I just had to modify it a bit to change the
compile options.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key