Re: [Exim] [patch] HMAC (hash message authentication code) e…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Tony Finch
To: steve
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] [patch] HMAC (hash message authentication code) expansion operator
Steve Haslam <steve@???> wrote:

>would also make sense. Hmm..., yes it look slike that could be done by
>making it an expansion item. Although it would take the algorithm as a
>separate argument, since exim doesn't split on _ for items, so:

>This would also let us split the arguments before expanding them.
>
>So, who prefers this syntax to the operator syntax?

I sent Philip a patch last month that adds expansion items as alternatives
to ${hash_ ${length_ ${nhash_ and ${substr_ so that the underscore-separated
numeric parameters could instead be written inside braces and subject to
expansion. I didn't do this for ${quote_ -- I'd be interested if anyone
could think of a good reason for expanding the argument in that case :-)

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
FISHER: NORTHEASTERLY 6 TO GALE 8 DECREASING 5 IN SOUTH. RAIN THEN SHOWERS.