Re: [Exim] relaying problems - URGENT

Author: James P. Roberts
To: Gatenby, Damon, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relaying problems - URGENT
You need to look into SMTP AUTH. Google it, study the Exim docs,
whatever it takes. The idea is to require a username/password (which
can be encrypted with TLS if you like), before allowing ANYONE to relay
through your machine. This is the only way I know of to setup remote
mail users (other than direct dial-up customers) without becoming an
open relay.

Regards.

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.

> I have users outside of my IP block who have email accounts with my,
> wouldn't that stop them from
> sending mail?
>
> I have no idea.
>

> THX
>
> DG
>
> > ----------

server
> > will allow them to relay.
> >
> > You need to change that line to include only IP blocks rather than

domain
> > name(s).
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Elliot

it
> > started relaying mail from spammers off my server so I edited my

exim
> > config
> > file, now i have no spammers, but no user on my server can send mail

to an
> > outside domain because exim refuses
> > to relay. I'm sure its just a minor bug in my conf, but i cant find

it.