Re: [Exim] [RFC] a general iplookup

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Kirill Miazine
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] [RFC] a general iplookup
* Nico Erfurth [2002-10-17 14:13]:
> last days i thought more and more about a more generic iplookup. For now
> the iplookup-router just knows how to send a string (in fact the current
> email-address) to a port and waits for a new address to come back from
> it, what i'm thinking about is to make it more general, in fact a
> iplookup-lookup, like this
>
> ${lookup {$domain} ip {localhost:port:tcp}}
> or
> ${lookup {somethingelse} ip {localhost:port:tcp}}

> So we even could cache the connections.
> With a special modifier we could even swith between the two cases, like
> ${lookup {$domain} ip {localhost:port:tcp}} for the first case and
> ${lookup {$domain} ip {localhost:port:tcp:extended}} for the second
> case.
>

> How could this be used:
>  -Complex databases that are not supported in exim
>  -Implementing caches that will work for more than the current exim
>    process
>  -Doing totaly strange things ;)

> I know, this all could be done with embedded perl or even a external
> command, but these both have much overhead (loading the perl interpreter
> into exim, ore forking a new process).
>
> Anyone interested in something like this?
>
> Comments to the list, flames to me ;)

Would be nice to see a similar lookup types for unix sockets too. Same
stuff as you just descrubed but over a unix socket. In fact we could
have a generic sock-lookup and if the first char is "/" then we have a
unix socket, otherwise inet socket.

--
Kirill