Re: [Exim] acl checks *after* accepting mail possible?

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: Rejo Zenger, exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [Exim] acl checks *after* accepting mail possible?
On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 17:31, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Rejo Zenger wrote:
> > The problem is this: I'm checking for sending IP's listed in a rather
> > big number of DNSBL's. Listings result in an additional header. I have
> > been doing this with ACL's, as mentioned in the manual. Doing all these
> > lookups takes quite a long time. This is causing problems as some of the
>
> Maybe you shouldn't check so many DNSBLs?
> In most cases 2-3 are enough.

A combo of far more dnsbls is needed ... for open relays, open proxies,
spam sources, dialup pools - you name it, there's a dnsbl for it, and
there's spam coming from those DNSBL listed IPs.

Rejo: I think you could solve your basic problem - latency when doing
DNSBL lookups - by AXFR'ing them and then querying them from your local
nameserver or your local rbldns setup (see
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/rbldns.html for more details).

    -suresh