Re: [Exim] [patch] HMAC (hash message authentication code) e…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Steve Haslam
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [patch] HMAC (hash message authentication code) expansion operator
On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Steve Haslam wrote:

> Another day, another patch...

You are getting very productive...

> I anticipate that in the future, more hash algorithms will be added (e.g.
> SHA-1), so the code reads the "_md5" as an argument, to allow
> ${hmac_sha1:..:..} etc.

Yes, there will certainly be more hash algorithms.

> I ought to write a patch for spec.txt or spec.texinfo too. Sorry. Phil, if
> you want people to write documentation for their patches, which format do
> you want it in?

Plain text. Both spec.txt and spec.texinfo are generated from my master
source, which is marked up in a parochial markup language. However, if a
patch to spec.txt is a convenient way of sending me the information,
then use that.

Philip