[Exim] Newbie question

Author: Jason Lixfeld
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Newbie question
Greetings,

    I'm wondering if someone can give me some pointers.  I'm very
new to exim, and have only a little bit of experience with mail servers,
proper.

Basically, I have a typical setup in which I want exim to answer a few
virtual domains. I have the domain set up properly and have tested and
verified that mail is put in the correct mailbox. What I'm having a
problem with is understanding the logistics of the how to configure the
virtual users with passwords so my pop server can access and correctly
authenticate the user.

My exim configuration for the virtual domain is as follows:

vdomain:
driver = accept
domains = dsearch;/services/mail/content/vdomain
local_parts = lsearch;/services/mail/content/vdomain/$domain
transport = vdomain_mbox

vdomain_mbox:
driver = appendfile
file = /services/mail/content/spool/$local_part@$domain
user = exim

The local_parts file only has the username in it, ie: jason

I haven't been able to figure out where to put the password, or for that
matter, how qpopper would know where to get a password for a virtual
user, or for multiple virtual users, across multiple virtual domains --
I'm not even sure if qpopper is the best pop server to use.

I know this message is vague, but that's just due to my lack of
understanding. I hope someone can make sense of what I'm trying to
figure out, regardless and can give me some key words or documentation
references so I can get this sorted out.

Thanks in advance.