Re: [Exim] verify failed problem with mailman

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nico Erfurth
Aan: Christopher Fonnesbeck
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] verify failed problem with mailman
Christopher Fonnesbeck wrote:
> I am using exim with mailman on a debian server, and am running into
> problems with mailing list deliveries. It seems that all the messages
> sent to my lists are failing with the following message:
>
> verify failed for SMTP recipient <mailing list email> from <sender
> email>
>
> What do I have to change in either exim or mailman to get this to work.
> I would have thought that mailman would have configured exim upon
> installation.

How could we tell you without knowing your configuration? We don't even
know your exim-version, do you think we can read it from the stars? ;)

But as you use debian i suppose you have exim3.33 (3.35?), so try to run
exim -d9 -bv list@listdomain 2>&1 >debuglog
And you will see why the router is skipped, if this doesn't help, mail
the log to the list, please mail the relevant parts of your
configuration too.

Possible problems:

1.) wrong permissions -> exim could not check for the mailmanfile for
existence
2.) you disabled verify for the list directors (verify=false) -> they
will not be used for verification

ciao