[Exim] Urgent Help required - patch exiscan

Author: Nigel Cass
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Urgent Help required - patch exiscan
All.

Banging my head against a brick wall here at the moment and desparately
require some help if possible.

Have just installed exim-4.10 on a test server and have been asked to
demonstrate using sophos sweep and exim together.

I've done this before (admittedly a while ago now and for a different
organisation) but now I'm having huge problems with actually applying the
exiscan patch to the exim source tree.

Am doing the following

tar xvzf exim-4.10.tar.gz
cd exim-4.10
cp /tmp/exiscan-4.10-16.patch .
patch -p1 < exiscan-4.10-16.patch

Basically it doesn't work and just asks me for a file to patch. As far as I
can see I'm doing nothing wrong. It just seems as if -p1 is not removing the
first component of the path names or something. Interestingly if I try to run
the patch from the directory above it attempts to run but fails each hunk as
it goes.

Has anyone seen this problem before ?

If so I would be INCREDIBLY grateful of a quick answer as I'm now tired and v.
confused over such a simple thing.

Solaris 9 btw if this may make any difference ?

TYIA.

--
Systems Engineer
University of Hull