[Exim] route_list bydns_mx

Top Pagina
Auteur: D.M.Chapman
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] route_list bydns_mx
Down here at UKC we are still running exim 3 - we have 3 mailhubs on the
internet and all local traffic goes via these machines to be virus scanned
(and a few other things). Currently we have this set up on all of the client
unix boxes using:

# If it ain't for me, send it to the mail HUB
hub_route:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* ukc.ac.uk bydns_mx"
host_find_failed = defer

This works a treat. I have just had a phone call from one of our depts who
have moved to exim 4 and he claimed that bydns_mx has gone....

A quick check of the docs suggests this is true. A search of the list throws
up a couple of relevant threads that resulted in Philip stating:

>I think you'll have to wait until I get to that Wish List item. What I
>had originally planned was a router called "masquerade", which would
>implement "route this domain as if it were that domain". Whether or not
>I'll actually do it that way I don't at present know.

Wishlist items 61 and 105 seem to be relevant. I have advised them to use
route by dns and list the mx hosts for now but as I understand it this
will send everything to the first host unless it is down. This we can
cope with for this particular dept but when we come to more the main
mailstore machine it will be a show stopper :-(

Any easy work arounds? Of course, if I have completely misunderstood this
then feel free to correct me - I haven't actually had chance to play with
v4 yet :-(

Cheers,

Darren