Re: [Exim] Exim questions

Góra strony
Autor: Nico Erfurth
Dla: Jason Dale, exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Exim questions
Jason Dale wrote:
> This is a multi-part message in MIME format. -- [ Picked text/plain
> from multipart/alternative ]

1.) wrap your lines at 72 chars.
2.) please send text only mails to the list

> Hi :
>
> I was referred to this list by a Linux Fundi , and I have also
> checked out the archives and FAQ's , but can't seem to find an answer
> to my questions.
>
> I am running Exim 3.13-1 on a Red Hat Linux kernel version 2.2.14-5.0
> ( Red Hat Linux 7 )

You should upgrade to eiter a newer 3.x version, or better t exim4,
because exim3 will not be developed anymore.

> 1) What are the specific functions of the 'local_domains' ,
> 'relay_domains' and 'fw_domains' files , and how do they co-incide
> with one another ? can domain entries in all of these files cause
> conflicts ?

These files are not part of the standard exim distribution, they are
most probably referenced inside of the exim config file
(/etc/exim/exim.conf?) and are placed there from RedHat.

My guesses are, the local_domains file is referenced by the
local_domains option and hold all the domains you will directly process
on your local machine.
The relay_domains file will most probably hold the domains where you are
responsible for somehow (backupmx,relay for an internal mailserver).

I don't know what the fw_domains file could be for, check your
configfile to find what it does.

> 2) WHat is the format for the '.forward' file in a user's home
> directory ? I am trying to get email that is received for a user to
> go to more than one address. For example , to get mail for bob to be
> picked up by bob at bob@??? a copy of the message also
> sent to bob@???. Exim does not seem to be processing the
> .forward file at all.

Read this file for further informations of the filterfile syntax.
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/filter.html

If and how the .forwardfile will be processed depends on your configuration.
Read http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec.html to learn more
about exims configuration.

ciao