Re: [Exim] Master 'multiuse' exim4.conf file

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Master 'multiuse' exim4.conf file
On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 10:39:11PM +0200, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> >What's peculiar about this config file is that it's designed to be used
> >on many different mail servers with multiple uses, _without_ having to
> >modify the file on each server. Yes, in theory, you should be able to
> >use that one config file on all your servers.
>
> Maybe it's just me, but i think this file is a mess. Your'e handling
> everything, but don't you think this is too much?

Well, guess what. I actually _use_ everything in there (not all on the same
machine though), so at least I need those (that's why almost everything has
been tested and in use for quite a while, except more recent exim 4 stuff)
So yes, it's complex, but less complex than having to redo it yourself from
an empty file :-)

> And, if the first user writes to the list "Hi, can anyone tell me how
> includes/smarthostroutelist works", i will send him to YOU. ;)

Well, it's not that hard to see that it's a macro that puts the option in an
outside file. If you don't know how route_list works, you should look it up
in the docs :-)
That said, I do provide a sample for each option, which should help.

> Errors/problems:
>
> always_verify:
>
> driver = manualroute
> domains = nodnsdomains <---- should be +nodnsdomains
> verify_sender

Oh, thanks, that one would have taken me a while to catch.

> virtualcdb:
> driver = redirect
> domains = dsearch;/etc/exim/virtualdomains/virtualcdb
> no_more
> file = cdb;/etc/exim/virtualdomains/virtualcdb/$domain <--- i don't
> think that this line will work, does it?

Indeed. I had this working at some point. I'm not too sure when I broke it.
If you have the fix, I'll take it, or I'll look into it some more.
(this seems to be the one option I stopped needing a little while ago, but
I'm sure I'll need it again at some point)

Thanks
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key