Re: [Exim] Re: fragmented ?

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: fragmented ?
On (2002/10/13 20:08), Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> OK ... but i think it should not be used since based only on partial
> message one cannot be sure that teh content is malicious.

That's a policy decision, and my management team is happy with losing
the ability to push message fragments through the mail server, given
that it's a required trade-off to guarantee that malicious content known
to the scanner will be detected.

In this environment, my only interest in malicious content is that our
sales and marketing folks should not inadvertently pass them on to our
customers.

Making blanket statements about what mail administrators should and
should not do is dangerous. UNIX software is about tools, not policy,
because it's well understood that policy is site specific.

Ciao,
Sheldon.