Re: [Exim] Timezone Problems

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Kamalan Govender
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Timezone Problems
On Sun, 13 Oct 2002, Kamalan Govender wrote:

> I have read the docs, and it says"This is appropriate behaviour for
> obtaining wall-clock time on some, but unfortunately not all, operating
> systems"
> Is Solaris 8 02/02 one of these systems?

That is referring to unsetting the TZ variable, in order to get
wallclock time. For Solaris 7, the answer is "yes". This is on a Solaris
8 system:

$ echo $TZ
GB
$ date
Mon Oct 14 10:31:37 BST 2002          <= this is my current wallclock
$ (TZ=; date)
Mon Oct 14 10:31:50 BST 2002
$ (TZ=GMT; date)
Mon Oct 14 09:31:56 GMT 2002          <= this is correct GMT
$ (TZ=GMT+2; date)
Mon Oct 14 07:33:05 GMT 2002
$ (TZ=GMT-2; date)
Mon Oct 14 11:33:19 GMT 2002

That suggests to me that Sun have got their naming conventions
"backwards", but it is easy to get confused by these timezone things,
so maybe I'm just confused.