Re: [Exim] Failure/Bounce messages in Exim 3.36

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Paul Miles
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Failure/Bounce messages in Exim 3.36
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Paul Miles wrote:

> Would it be possible using filters or something to check if a mail is going
> to bounce, probably the only type of bounce we need to know, is if its an
> unknown recipient.

The only way you can tell if an address is going to bounce is to run it
through the routers. Note that I said "an address", and not "a message".
A message with multiple recipients can be delivered to some, and bounce
for others.

> Can I access some kind of variable that will tell me this kind of
> information? That way as a work around I can send all original messages that
> would have generated bounce messages somewhere special to be handled by a
> script/human.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, but maybe errors_copy can
be of some help.