Re: [Exim] Wish list (I think) regarding sender verify callo…

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Alan J. Flavell
CC: Dave C., Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Wish list (I think) regarding sender verify callout.
On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 03:39:11PM +0100, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> Sounds like a useful enhancement. Some BOFHs amongst us would
> also demand acceptance of "postmaster" ;-)

It's already there.
Exim 3:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/patches/exim-callback_and_gooderrmsg.diff

Exim 4:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/patches/exim4-gooderror-4.05.diff

Philip told me he included that in exim-snapshot. To my great shame I
still haven't had the chance to look at it (I unfortunately don't get to
admin exim at my current job)

Note that you should not do this:
HELO
MAIL FROM:<>
RCPT TO:<sender@sender_domain>
RCPT
TO:<completely-random-string-that-couldnt-possibly-exist-as-an-account-on-the-destination-server@sender_domain>
RSET
QUIT

You should do a RSET after the first RCPT TO and redo a connection for
each RCPT because some sites refuse bounces going to more than one
receipient (and I can't blame them for that)

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key