Re: [Exim] exiscan + kaspersky

Autor: Tom Kistner
A: Dirk Koopman, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exiscan + kaspersky
Dirk Koopman wrote:

> Query for the tests: <0>04 Apr
> 05:00:00:/var/spool/exim/scan/17zMwO-0000c1-00
>
> Directory /var/spool/exim/scan/17zMwO-0000c1-00 wasn't included in
> enabled paths.

That is the problem. The slash at the end of the command line in my
previous mail should take care of that. I am not familiar with the
defUnix.prf thing, I remember just using the defaults. :)

>        -I3 or -E
>               deletes infected objects automatically.

> Which means that -E does the exact opposite to what you have suggested.

No. It disables cleaning attempts altogether. The daemon will then not
ask for an action he should take, but rather delete the infected part
(which is fine with us since we never want to get the mail back from
him) and just send a report.

At least that is what I could gather from the kavdaemon docs. The guy
who engineered kavdaemons' socket protocol definitely had a few vodkas
too many.

/tom