Re: [Exim] OpenPGP signatures on Exim releases

Author: James P. Roberts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OpenPGP signatures on Exim releases
<snip>
> >We are not talking about national security here!
>
> Sorry, but you are clearly wrong.
>
> We ARE talking about national security here. Do you realize how many thousands
> of internet hosts use Exim, including military and governmental hosts? What if a
> non-neglectable number of them were vulnerable due to the Exim source having
> been compromised?
>
> Things like this shouldn't be taken too easy.

<snip>

I sadly agree. It is the reason I have not used any of the RPMs out there, except the original 3.x provided on my RedHat CDs.
(Since upgraded to 4.x taken from Exim website).

I would sleep better at night if I could KNOW I have clean source code.

But I also agree with the writer who wants Philip to finish the book first! :)

Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.