Re: [Exim] Failure/Bounce messages in Exim 3.36

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Paul Miles
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Failure/Bounce messages in Exim 3.36
On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Paul Miles wrote:

> At the moment I have a small problem in that when a message legitimately
> bounces (for what ever reason), I have of the original message included in
> the failure message. At the moment it embeds the message, and quite often
> truncates them.
>
> I would like to recieve a failure message with an attachment containing the
> original message in its entirity. I've looked through the Exim documentation
> and nothing like this has jumped out at me yet. IS it possible to do?

I'm afraid not.

(1) You can stop the truncation by setting return_size_limit.

(2) Somewhere, buried on my work/wish list, is an item for generating
    bounces using attachments, but I'm afraid it has never got anywhere
    near the top of the list. It has to be optional, because there are
    plenty of people who do not want it.