Re: [Exim] OpenPGP signatures on Exim releases

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] OpenPGP signatures on Exim releases
I think it would be better considering another thing:
Signature is useful if you trust the author, and you have no
knowledges on the subject.
If it is a source program it is up to you to check that it has no
backdoor and does no harmfult things.
This remind a very recent (Fide days old) story in my departmente.
Someone got a virus viua email. His e-mail program said that
included scripts and if he want to open or read as a plain e-mail.
Gues waht he didd ... then the other invoked program told that the
propgramn he was to run was not microsoft certified and so any
bad thing could happen (did you ever seen this warning on 2000 or
XP when installing some driver ?)
He answered .. and suddenly got his hard drive formatted ....
Do you think it would care about signature ?