Re: [Exim] Limiting local delivery processes

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Clive McDowell, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Limiting local delivery processes
Clive McDowell wrote:
> Folks,
>
>we're running Exim 3.35 on a Solaris 8 sparc platform. Users mailboxes are the trad. unix in /var/mail. This partition is proving
>to be a bit of a disk bottle-neck and there are times at high load

when exim local appendfile processes start building up and
>freezing. I have to shutdown IMAP client access to give them a chance

to clear. Until I can do something by way of upgrading
>hardware is there any way of restricting the number of concurrent processes

delivering to users' inboxes?

try to tweak the load options

<quote>
deliver_load_max              Type: fixed-point          Default: unset

     When this option is set, no message deliveries are ever done if the
     system load average is greater than its value, except for deliveries
     forced with the -M option. If "deliver_queue_load_max" is not set
     and the load gets this high during a queue run, the run is
     abandoned. There are some operating systems for which Exim cannot
     determine the load average (see chapter 1); for these this option
     has no effect.

deliver_queue_load_max        Type: fixed-point          Default: unset

     If this option is set, its value is used to determine whether to
     abandon a queue run, instead of the value of "deliver_load_max".
</quote>

but be careful, if your load stays high for a long time, messages will
not be delivered, you should set split_spool_directory too if you use
this options.

And it could help to reduce the ammounce of parallel queue runners with
the queue_run_max option

The question is, what do you use as IMAP-Server? maybe you should switch
to a more performant one.

ciao