Re: [Exim] [howto] Upgrade from ver-3 to ver-4?

Autor: Greg Ward
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] [howto] Upgrade from ver-3 to ver-4?
On 08 October 2002, Bill Schoolcraft said:
> saying: "upgrading is a non-trivial exercise" I was wondering if
> there is any "gotcha" howto's for this.

Not that I know of. If you're not pretty familiar with how Exim works
and how to speak its config language, you could have a hard time. But
if you want to get the most out of Exim 4, you're going to have to learn
how Exim works and how to speak its config language anyways.

> This is on a RedHat-6.2 machine. I'm open to a full reinstall
> if that is what it'll take.

You have been hanging around with Microsoft types too much. There's no
need to reinstall your operating system just to upgrade your mail
server! (However, Red Hat 6.2 is pretty old.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen.