Re: [Exim] batch-delivering mails to certain local addresses

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Greg Ward
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] batch-delivering mails to certain local addresses
On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Greg Ward wrote:

> > hours (for the two bosses, instant delivery is a must). (they are
> > saying that it's better for others, because they concentrate on work
> > issues, and constant flow of incoming mails don't distract them all
> > the time).
>
> I'd love to hear the reasoning for this. I bet it's completely daft and
> utterly inescapable.

just said it above ;) they claim that if one gets emails continuosly,
then one's always mucking around the emails, and is distracted from
"normal" workflow.

> Or deliver mail for ordinary users to POP or IMAP folders, and run
> something fetchmail-ish with a 2 hour cycle time on the client side.

since the primary mx and the mailboxen are on the same machine, i
can't really do this one.

> Or have a separate Exim config file and queue for the big men: most mail
> would be queued only, and you run the queue every two hours; mail for
> the big guys is detected and somehow put in another queue for immediate
> delivery (ie. the way most Exim installations work). Not sure how to
> separate the two streams though.

this one just sounds too complicated. i mean, compared to just having
one more router protected by a macro or something, against separate
spools and separate configs... dunno, i don't like this one.

but thanks for the input anyway ;) i've stacked the ideas for some
possible future use ;)

--
(void)