Re: [Exim] batch-delivering mails to certain local addresses

Autor: Greg Ward
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] batch-delivering mails to certain local addresses
On 08 October 2002, Tamas TEVESZ said:
> situation is, i have to cook up a configuration, where mails to all
> people, except for two bosses, have to be delivered once in every two
> hours (for the two bosses, instant delivery is a must). (they are
> saying that it's better for others, because they concentrate on work
> issues, and constant flow of incoming mails don't distract them all
> the time).

I'd love to hear the reasoning for this. I bet it's completely daft and
utterly inescapable.

> so far, my simplest and probably most elegant solution would be to
> collect mails for "regular" people in bsmtp file(s), then run those
> once every two hours by a cron job or something; while just keeping
> regular delivery cycle for the two boss persons.

Or deliver mail for ordinary users to POP or IMAP folders, and run
something fetchmail-ish with a 2 hour cycle time on the client side.

Or have a separate Exim config file and queue for the big men: most mail
would be queued only, and you run the queue every two hours; mail for
the big guys is detected and somehow put in another queue for immediate
delivery (ie. the way most Exim installations work). Not sure how to
separate the two streams though.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they *aren't* out to get you.