[Exim] Re: BSMTP and router

Author: Bernard Massot
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: BSMTP and router
--
On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:54:10AM +0200, mail wrote:
> hi,
>
> i store some mail for the domain massot.ath.cx in a BSMTP file.
> when i actualy want to transfer them, i lauch :
>
> exim -bS -oMr etrn_requeue -oMs massot.ath.cx
>
> which use the following router :
> relay_from_file:
>     driver = manualroute
>     condition = ${if eq {$received_protocol}{etrn_requeue} {yes}{no}}
>     route_data = $sender_host_name
>     transport = int_smtp
>     no_more

> I get "unroutable address" bounce message.
> If i change "route_data = $sender_host_name"
> in "route_data = massot.ath.cx"
> it will work perfectly.
> why that ? and how can i make it work with a variable expension (because in fact i store mail in BSMTP not only for one domain)

quoted from the official doc :
«$sender_host_name: When a message is received from a remote host, this
variable contains the host's name as verified by looking up its IP
address. If verification failed, or was not requested, this variable
contains the empty string.»

massot.ath.cx's IP resolves as bmassot.net1.nerim.net, not massot.ath.cx
--
Bernard Massot