Re: [Exim] Rejecting bounce messages with multiple recipient…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Sheldon Hearn
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Mike Meredith
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Rejecting bounce messages with multiple recipients
On (2002/09/23 14:39), Mike Meredith wrote:

> I'm thinking of enabling :-
>
>     deny    senders      =    :
>         condition  =  ${if ! eq {$recipients_count} {1} {yes}{no}}
>         message    =  Invalid use of null sender

> to block mails with "<>" as the sender address *and* multiple
> recipients. The reason for this being the occasional mail virus/worm
> that uses this sender address.

This rocks. :-)

However, note that there are broken MTAs out there that bounce messages
to the address(es) in the From header. I've never bothered to find out
what they are; for my application, it's sufficient to know that they
exist.

This may affect your decision to enable your check, which I've enabled
as:

  deny    senders       = :
          condition     = ${if >{$rcpt_count}{1} {1}}
          message       = invalid use of null sender

In my environment, losing bounces from said broken MTAs is an
acceptable price to pay.

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: Man, did the spammers go off this week-end or what!?