Re: [Exim] Messages with bad linebreaks

Góra strony
Autor: Adam Moffett
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Messages with bad linebreaks
>On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Adam Moffett wrote:
>
>> We periodically receive spam messages that seem to contain the entire
>> message in their header.
>
>Exactly what do you mean by this? A message's header must conform to the
>syntax of RFC 822. Exim will terminate the header and start the body
>when it encounters a line that does not mach the header syntax, which is
>
> name: data...
>
>(with possible indented continuations).

Well when we telnet to the POP server and TOP the message, we see the
entire message instead of just the header.

Oh....Actually this problem started when were not using Exim...I had
just assumed it would continue ;). One of the reasons for switching
was that I hoped it would have the ability to filter this crap out.

I had read in the spec that Exim stores the header and body of a
message separately...somehow I failed to make the mental leap
required to understand that it would actually solve this problem in
and of itself without doing any filtering.

Sorry...been running a Macintosh mail server for so long that I
forgot that not everything has to operate in the dumbest way possible.

I will verify that we are still receiving problematic messages before
I enquire about this again.