Re: [Exim] Obscure host list bug?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Richard Gilbert
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Obscure host list bug?
On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Richard Gilbert wrote:

> host_reject_recipients = ! *.gov.uk : *.biz

<snip>

> LOG: recipients from nccms01.lsdteam.co.uk [194.61.173.3] refused
>
> Note that this IP address has multiple names associated with it, one of
> which is in gov.uk. I assume that this is what is causing the confusion.

Yes, indeed. Exim is clever enough to check all the aliases, but not
clever enough to do the right thing when a negation is involved.

At least, I presume that most people would take that interpretation,
namely that

host_reject_recipients = !*.gov.uk

means "reject if no alias name matches *.gov.uk". What it currently
means is "reject unless all alias names match *.gov.uk" (I think - I'll
have to check).

Thanks for the report. Noted.