Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay

Top Pagina
Auteur: Glen Mehn
Aan: Brian Auty
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] host_accept_relay
Brian Auty wrote:

> I've been trying to send mail to my new mail server and I can't seem to
> make it work.
>
> There could be any number of problems, since I'm new at this, but so far
> I've set up Exim and Courier IMAP and when I test locally everything
> works. I've installed Squirrelmail and that works, at least for sending.
>
> But no matter what I try, I cannot send mail to this server.
>
> I have to assume that our ISP has blocked mail or I've set up the
> host_accept_relay incorrectly.
>
> Any suggestions?

read the manual?

host_accept_relay is for hosts/networks for whom you want to always
relay mail (i.e., use the exim server as their smtp server). Check the
names and values of local_domains and relay_domains, as well as the
information in the logs (typically either in /var/log/exim or in /var/log)

And you'll need to setup DNS to route mail for your machine.

glen