[Exim] Aliases

Autor: Miles Muri
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Aliases
Hi,

Here's an easy one for you advanced users (I'm a newbie to Exim): I
want my users to have real accounts on on my server but I want Exim to
be able to distinguish between the virtual domains i.e.:
bob@??? is not the same as bob@???. The way I set out
to do this was to give a user account name that was different than the
local part of the e-mail address then use the aliases file to have Exim
send the mail arriving for bob@??? to local user localuser27
and mail arriving for bob@??? would go to the local mailbox of
localuser39 (or something to that effect). A sample entry from my
aliases file would look like this:

bob@???:    localuser27
bob@???:    localuser39

In any case, my plan didn't work, and messages to either bob bounce
with a no-user-of-that-name-here message.

I did try to find the answer in the documentation and by searching the
archives of this list, but my searches came up dry.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Miles Muri