[Exim] Messages with bad linebreaks

Autor: Adam Moffett
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Messages with bad linebreaks
Greetings.

We periodically receive spam messages that seem to contain the entire
message in their header. Users who are using Outlook or Outlook
express often have trouble downloading these things. Usually they
will retrieve every message before the bad one and then Outlook will
just sit there until the connection times out.

At this point one of us has to manually remove the message from the
user's mailbox. Which is obviously quite a nuisance.

I'm guessing these messages are coming from some poorly written
spammer software that doesn't put a CRLF between the header and the
body...or else it's using something other than CRLF at the end of
each line.

My first thought was to filter these based on the X-Mailer header,
but unfortunately it says Outlook Express....

I wish I could just tell all of our users that Outlook is retarded
and they shouldn't use it, but since I'm sure they wouldn't all
respond well to that, I was wondering if someone might know a way to
filter out messages that don't use CRLF as a line break, and/or don't
have the CRLF between the header and body.

Regards and thanks in advance,
Adam Moffett