Re: [Exim] Frustrated (still), unable to get vacation and ma…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John (TJ) Penton
Para: Simon Alman
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Frustrated (still), unable to get vacation and mail
On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Simon Alman wrote:

> Here's the full .forward filter being used to generate these messages:
>
> # Exim filter
> # Don't touch bounces
> if error_message then finish endif
> #Throw away junk
> if
>    $h_subject: contains "Make money" or
>    $sender_address matches \N^\d{8}@\N or
>    $message_body contains "this is spam"
> then seen finish endif
> # Auto-reply
> if personal alias simon.alman@??? then
>    mail to $reply_address
>    subject "Re: $h_subject:"
>    file $home/auto-reply/message
>    log  $home/auto-reply/log
> endif

> the $home/auto-reply/message file that the filter refers to simply contains
> "test message" as the text.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon Alman
>
> >At least, without refreshing my mind by reading the code (for which I
> >don't have time just at present), I think that's what's happening.
> >Exactly what do you have in your filter's "mail" command?
> >
> >Hmm. I wonder if this is an underlying infelicity in Exim? I confess
> >that the documentation of the mail command isn't clear on this. I have
> >made a note to check this out when I get back to working on the code.

Here's another guess (for what it's worth): Try leaving out the "to
$reply_address" argument to the mail command - you are not using anything
other than the default anyway.

John

--
Tigger, who was a very Bouncy Animal, with a way of saying How-do-you-do,
which always left your ears full of sand, even afer Kanga had said,