Re: [Exim] Frustrated (still), unable to get vacation and ma…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John (TJ) Penton
A: Simon Alman
Cc: Nico Erfurth, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Frustrated (still), unable to get vacation and mail
On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Simon Alman wrote:

> Hi again.
>
> >this is ><haven@???> <haven@???> would be ok.
> >
> >The syntax is incorrect. I Hope it's not a parsing problem in exim...
>
> Its not - I've tested it on three different mail clients - on one I setup a
> user name and on two of them I didn't (certain clients i.e. outlook - force
> you to declare a username when you set up an account). When a user name is
> not specified exim produces:
>
> ><haven@???>
> as opposed to:
> >"haven" <haven@???>
> when a user name is specified to use. I doubt this is going to have any
> adverse affect since both exhibit the same delivery problems.

I think Nico is talking about the extra greater-than symbol on the front
of the email address. iirc (and I am not very good at these things) a
greater than symbol is a special character, and therefore is probably
confusing exim.

Just because a MUA accepts an address doesn't mean it is valid. And
visa-versa for that matter.

Humour us - get rid of it and see if it works.

John

--
"Are these really thistles?" he whispered.
"Yes," said Pooh.