Re: [Exim] Frustrated (still), unable to get vacation and ma…

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Simon Alman
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Frustrated (still), unable to get vacation and mail
On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Simon Alman wrote:

> Hi, thanks for the reply.
>
> I have posted most of this information before - hence my plee (still
> outstanding) to see if anyone is successfully using vacation and/or mail
> functions in user .forward files.
> Debugging output, .forward filters and relevant transport/directors are
> given below.
>
> I have had a very experienced user have a look at the config and come up
> blank as to what the problem is.
>
> The question still stands "has anyone got vacation/mail filters to work
> with exim 4.05 ???"

I use filters in general, (no vacation stuff) and it works great, worked
with exim sind 4.0 without problems, and even with the old 3.x series.

> Userforward router
>
> userforward:
> driver = redirect
> allow_filter
> check_local_user
> file = $home/.forward
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> reply_transport = address_reply
> no_verify
> no_expn
> directory_transport = address_directory
> skip_syntax_errors
> syntax_errors_to = $local_part@$domain

Will create a loop, see the docs for a better solution, using
localpart_prefix!

> Address reply transport
> address_reply:
>    driver = autoreply
> .forward file for simon.alman@??? - based on the one from Philip
> Hazels conference notes on Exim4: June 2002.
> # Exim filter
> # Don't touch bounces
> if error_message then finish endif
> #Throw away junk
> if
>    $h_subject: contains "Make money" or
>    $sender_address matches \N^\d{8}@\N or
>    $message_body contains "this is spam"
> then seen finish endif
> # Auto-reply
> if personal alias simon.alman@??? then
>    mail subject "Re: $h_subject:"
>    file $home/auto-reply/message
>    log  $home/auto-reply/log
> endif

> Debugging output for the message stuck in the exim queue - pertinent
> information only:

Why is it stuck?

> exim: debugging permission denied
> address_reply transport succeeded
> search_tidyup called
> address_reply transport returned DEFER for ><haven@???>

This (><haven@???>) is not a legal address, have you generated it
yourself by a mistake?

> Debugging output for the .forward filter:

> Condition is false: ($h_subject: contains Make money or $sender_address
> matches \N^\d{8}@\N) or $message_body contains this is spam
> Condition is false: personal
> Filtering did not set up a significant delivery.

As you can see, your filter does not match at all, please read the exim
filter docs about the personal operator. So this is not a problem with the
auto_reply at all, but with your conditions.

ciao