Re: [Exim] Backup exim server?

Góra strony
Autor: Jochen Erwied
Dla: Tony VanScoy
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Backup exim server?
on Thursday, October 3, 2002 17:27 you wrote:

TV> this environment. When the in-house exim server becomes active, it will
TV> deliver mail to local inboxes. However when the colo comes back up all of
TV> those local email will just sit there and not be delivered. Is there anyway
TV> i can set something like this up? Feel free to give me your take. Maybe
TV> I'm going about this all wrong. Thanks in advance.

Dumb question: How does the mail from the colo get to you currently?
Assuming you use something like a fetchmail/procmail-combo, simply set
up your local server as backup-MX, which delivers mail locally, and
nothing needs to be changed further in your current setup.

And since your mail needs to cross the wire anyway: Why don't you use
your primary connection for all incoming email, and the one at the
colo only for backup?

That's the way I configured the network at work.

--
Jochen Erwied     | home: jochen@???     +49-208-38800-18, FAX: -19
Sauerbruchstr. 17 | work: joe@???  +49-2151-7294-24, FAX: -50