RE: [Exim] Bugbear virus

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [Exim] Bugbear virus
On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 14:21, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
> Changing (\\\S+\\\.( to (.+\\\.( in the unquoted matcher seems to
> trap this header for me.

It will also seriously false positive - remember that new lines are
translated into spaces in the filter body variables.

Basically you just can't parse MIME information by regular expressions,
especially when the raw data you are working with has been corrupted
previously. Thats why I gave up on the filter.

    Nigel.