[Exim] Wildcard matching in lookups

Author: Paul Makepeace
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Wildcard matching in lookups
I'm hoping to be able to allow email addresses of the form *localpart
and localpart* to enable people to give out tagged addresses without too
much (any) interaction with their mail account, e.g. like
ebay.johndoe@..

It doesn't seem lsearch can do this - but possibly rewriting could. Has
anyone done this, or have any suggestions/recipes? It seems like it
might be a FAQ but I didn't see anything obvious. What I'd also like to
retain is the actual address used ($received_for) so in the case of
misuse it's easily traceable.

I suppose another solution is to go the full-blown LDAP route but I'm
not quite ready for that here.

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ....................................... http://paulm.com/

"If I were a rich man, ya ta dia dia dia dia dia dia dum, then would it
really matter."
-- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/