Re: [Exim] Exim filter question.

Author: Bob Franklin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim filter question.
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On 2 Oct 2002, Sebastien J. Gross wrote:
>
> > Yes, I think the best way is to use a perl code doing the stuff, but
> > actually I do not know how to access exim's dbm files in perl.
>
> There may be a difference as to whether the terminating binary zero is
> part of the key or not. Check out the dbmnz lookup in Exim, and the
> -nozero option of exim_dbmbuild.

I've wrote some Perl code to do it - it was delightfully simple and just
used the normal Perl DBM stuff, but you did need to put a '\0' on the end
of the looked-up key and strip it off the returned value.

A couple of weeks ago, I also modified Mailman to do the lookups so it
could canonicalise the addresses added to lists according to our rewrite
tables. [Only bit of Python I've ever done!] The same bit about the
'\0's applied.

If anyone's interested in these, email me and I can send them on.

- Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin@???>          +44 (0)118 378 6630
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK

Please note the new phone number from Thursday, 1st August 2002.