[Exim] ACL checks after accepting email possible?

Author: Rejo Zenger
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] ACL checks after accepting email possible?
Hello,

Is there an easy way to have some of the ACL checks after having the
email accepted?

The problem is this: I'm checking for sending IP's listed in a rather
big number of DNSBL's. Listings would result in an additional header. I
have been doing this with ACL's, as mentioned in the tutorial. Doing all
these lookups takes quite a long time. This is causing problems as some
of the sending mailservers will time out before my system has finished
doing the lookups and the mail is not (immediately) delevired.

As I am not blocking the email if it is listed, there's no special need
to have this check before the email gets accepted. So, what I'm looking
for now, is a way to keep Exim looking up the sending machine but only
after that it has accepted the email. Is there a possibilty?

Thanks in advance,

--
# Rejo Zenger rejo@???, pgp: see headers,
# http://www.xs4all.nl/~sister