Re: [Exim] Wish list (I think) regarding sender verify callo…

Author: Dave C.
To: Tom Marazita
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Wish list (I think) regarding sender verify callout.
On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Tom Marazita wrote:

> Philip Hazel wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> >

> >>So you want to accept mails from hosts that would not accept your bounces?
> >

> > Exactly.
> >
> > The whole point of callout is to check that the host will accept a
> > bounce from you before you accept the message. If you aren't going to
> > enforce that, there's no point in doing the callout at all.
> >

> I agree; however, it seems the bounce can fail for two (maybe more) reasons:

I brought this up once before -

It comes down to wanting to be able to reject outright spam, while not
being in a position to be able to reject legitimate mail from people
whose mailservers are improperly configured. And as much as it is not a
good excuse, the response would still be "Everyone else accepts my mail"