Re: [Exim] Question regarding pipe config

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Michael Scott Shappe
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Question regarding pipe config
First of all, a little more detail about exactly what isn't working would
help. You haven't told us anything except that it doesn't work.

Quoting User GANBOLD Engineer <ganbold@???>:

> I'm having trouble to configure Exim 4.10 to use pipe driver.
> I would like to send whole message to the script through pipe.

[snip]
> smtp_banner = "Micom Developed Mail server v.1.2 \n\n${primary_hostname}
> ESMTP"

This is very broken. Actually, I strongly recommend against changing the
banner at all; but if you must, at least follow the RFCs; this doesn't.
Someone else has already pointed out exactly how.

[snip]
> #     THE ORDER IN WHICH THE ROUTERS ARE DEFINED IS IMPORTANT!       #

[snip]

> #system_aliases:
> # driver = redirect0
> # allow_fail
> # allow_defer
> # data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
> # user = mailnull
> # group = mail
> # file_transport = address_file
> # pipe_transport = address_pipe

I can't imagine any reason why you would want to comment out the system
aliases router.

> localuser:
> driver = accept
> check_local_user
> transport = local_delivery
>
> all:
> driver = accept
> transport = zbtamail

Routers are order dependent.

'all' will only get run if every other router fails.

> zbtamail:
> driver = pipe
> command = ZBTAMAIL_SAVEEMAIL "$message_headers\n\n$message_body"

Unless I've missed something from the exim spec, this will attempt to pass
the message headers and message body as *command line arguments*, which is
almost certainly not what you want.

Mike Shappe