Re: [Exim] Testing Port 25 on ssh

Góra strony
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
Dla: Brian Auty
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Testing Port 25 on ssh
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Brian Auty wrote:

> I've successfully set up an insecure mail server and was able to figure
> out a lot of problems by telnetting to port 25. However, now I'm
> setting up a mail system for work and I can't test this way since you
> can't telnet to port 25 when using ssh.

Continue to use the telnet(1) command. You weren't using the TELNET
protocol in the first place when you were testing port 25.

What happens when you do the following?
telnet your.mail.server 25

> Can someone point me in the right direction for a testing software or
> give me some guidance on setting up exim on a ssh server.

It is no different to setup exim on a ssh server than on a server without
ssh.

You can test with:

exim -bt your-email@address

and