Re: [Exim] security = unprivileged

Góra strony
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
Dla: Michael West
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] security = unprivileged
On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Michael West wrote:

> This is working fine, with exim owning the mailboxes.
>
> None of my local_parts have system accounts.
>
> Now I find that the pop3 daemon I use, popa3d, will not allow delivery
> without system accounts.
>
> Can you recommend a pop3 server to use for this configuration?

vm-pop3d works fine with mail accounts for mail users who aren't real Unix
(/etc/passwd) users. (And, you can define the --user and --group for
vm-pop3d to run as.)

Also, I often run vm-pop3d without any superuser privileges. I let xinetd
(or inetd) listen to port 110 and then run vm-pop3d using a
less-privileged user.

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net/
  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/  -- BSD news and resources