Re: [Exim] Newbie Config Problem

Góra strony
Autor: Steve Manning
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] Newbie Config Problem
Philip

Thanks that worked a treat. This is so much easier than Sendmail ;)
Now I have a taster for the power of Exims config its off to Amazon to
buy the book.

Thanks

    Steve

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 09:41, Philip Hazel wrote:

    On 28 Sep 2002, Steve Manning wrote:

    > Please find attached the configure file and below is the log excerpt for
    > two attempted deliveries, one by root and one by myself (steve): -
    >
    >     2002-09-28 22:48:38 17vPRa-0006zp-00 <=
    >     root@??? U=root P=local S=332
    >     2002-09-28 22:48:39 17vPRa-0006zp-00 == steve@???
    >     R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: failed
    >     to chdir to /home/steve
    >     2002-09-28 22:50:13 17vPT4-00070a-00 <=
    >     steve@??? U=steve P=local S=389
    >     2002-09-28 22:50:13 17vPT4-00070a-00 == steve@???
    >     R=localuser T=local_delivery defer (13): Permission denied: failed
    >     to chdir to /home/steve

    Those errors are clear enough.

    > Something has just clicked - is this an attempted delivery or an attempt
    > to read something from the users home (like a .forward that I've just
    > been reading about in the manual). The transport runs as user 'vmail'
    > which I need for the courier-imap maildirs. If this is the case is there
    > a way to run the transport as vmail and still access the users home dir?

    Well, no, unless you make the user's home dir accessible by "vmail",
    because that's the way that Unix file systems work. However, the problem
    here is that by default, Exim makes the user's home directory the
    current directory. Your problem will probably be solved by putting

      current_directory = /

    (or some other suitable directory) on the transport.

Steve Manning
4 Chestnut Way, East Goscote, Leicester, LE7 3QQ, UK
Office +44 (0)116 264 0820 Home +44 (0)116 260 5457
Reply to Steve@???