Re: [Exim] Exim through a firewall

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Elimar Riesebieter
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim through a firewall
--
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 the mental interface of
Suresh Ramasubramanian told:

> elimar.riesebieter@??? (Elimar Riesebieter) writes:

[...]
> See if the MSA port (587) is not firewalled, and set your Exim to smarthost
> through any other mail server's port 587.

Didn't find what MSA means. In my /etc/services port 587 isn't
mentioned. If it's only to open another port the firewall sems to be
senseless, isn't it? The Exchange is configured with AUTH and LOGIN
but I hve to go through fw first. When I am at a host behind the fw
via ssh it is no problem to access that stinky exchange.

> Or just set your exim to smarthost through your exchange server.

wxim is set up with the smarthost exserver and authenticate_hosts =
exserver :-(

BTW postfix is able to connect via an ssh-tunnel.

Ciao

Elimar

--
Numeric stability is probably not all that
important when you're guessing;-)