[Exim] help with ldap config on solaris

Author: Joseph_Killeen
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] help with ldap config on solaris

Running Solaris 8
Exim 3.35

I am trying to implement ldap lookup to replace the aliases file on my
mailservers. I have compiled exim to use ldap. I would like to use
ldap to verify the user account exsists and then redirect that mail to
a internal lotus notes/domino mailserver. Any help on this is greatly
appreciated. Thanks JK

These are the settings in my exim configure file.

ldap_default_servers = server ,

configured a transport that looks like this:

address_directory_ldap:
driver = appendfile
directory_mode = 0770
mode = 0660
no_from_hack
and a director that looks like this:

ldap_user:
driver = aliasfile
search_type = ldapm
query = ldap://server:389

This is the message I receive when I mailin to the server:
search_find deferred: ldap search initiation failed

Disclaimer:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those
of PR Newswire. The contents are intended
only for the addressee and may contain confidential
and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy,
use or disclose this communication and notify
the sender.