Re: [Exim] change log

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Daniel Geske
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] change log
On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, Daniel Geske wrote:

> I have been looking through the web sites, but was unable to find a change
> log for the different versions. I am especially interested in getting to
> know the differences between the 3.x and 4.x trees (3.36 and 4.05
> respectively).
> I'd be glad if someone could point me the way towards such documentation on
> which I can base my decision about which version to install.

If you have not installed any version of Exim before, then you should
install the latest 4.x version (currently 4.10). The 3.x series is not
being developed and is an evolutionary dead end. One of the reasons for
developing Exim 4 was to simplify some of the configuration aspects and
thereby make life easier for admins.

There is a file in the doc directory in the Exim 4 distributions that
discusses the differences, if you really want to make a comparison.
Called Exim4.upgrade.