Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line [1]

Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: Sanjeev \GGhane\ Gupta
CC: exim-users
Assumptes vells: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line [1]
I have found a (not optimal but does work) way to add an header to
each message that was not sent with the "official" address .
It is not the same thing i did for the notify to the sender ... so they
can be used indipendently.
Using an additional X-received-for header is cleaner than mangling
the subject.
Some one here use to filter immediately since most spam arrive
him with the old address ...

On 30 Sep 2002, at 11:29, Sanjeev "Ghane" Gupta wrote:
> What I need is a way to notify users who recieve mail at the
> old.com address that they should contact the sender, and ask
> him to use the new address. I think the easiest way may be
> to add [OLD.COM] to the subject line when accepting mail, if
> condition matches, and asking users to handle these cases
> manually with their correspondents.
> I am using a system filter (thanks, Douglas Stephens).
> Anything I can add to it?
> I know an MTA should not be fooling with mail text, but this
> seems the least intrusive way.

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile