Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line [2]

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: Sanjeev \GGhane\ Gupta, exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Adding text to the Subject line [2]
On 30 Sep 2002, at 12:34, Sanjeev "Ghane" Gupta wrote:
> > Or, have a transport that, if it sees RCPT TO: old.com,
> spits back an
> > autoreply to the sender before falling over to the next
> transport for
> > delivery?
> I do not want to "trouble" the sender, after all, its hardly
> his fault we renamed ourselves ;-)
> > If you want to make the change far faster, I'd suggest
> bouncing old.com mail
> > with a 5xx message "please contact foo@???" - easily
> customizable if
> > foo@??? maps to foo@???
> No, no, no. The immediate response from most of our users
> (who are representative, I suppose, of the senders), would
> be: Frank has left?
> > Otherwise, I'm sure you are aware that sheer inertia will
> leave old.com
> > permanently embedded in lots of outlook address books out
> there.
> True. I am very much in favour of never expiring old email
> addresses (I forward for employees who left years ago). I
> was thinking on the lines of informing *our* staff that
> someone out there has an old address.

please try to reply me at "leo at dicnet.ing.unifi.it" .... it is a former
address, handled by the same machine and tel me if it is ok for
you, i will send the lenis required to get this.
I have had also peple that left and required that all messages to
them here have to be bounced to a file called /dev/null !
Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile
Universita` di Firenze