Re: [Exim] verification in exim4

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] verification in exim4
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Phil Chambers wrote:

> I am testing an exim4 config to check it does what my old exim3 one
> does. I have a restricted list along the lines of that in section
> 41.5 (exim4 spec). I have deliberately put a single local, but
> non-existent, address in the list and then done an exim -bh test with
> exim3 and then exim4.
>
> exim3 gives a "250 <list@???> verified" in response to the RCPT
> command. The output shows that it extracts and parses the
> non-existent address but does not try to verify it. exim4, however,
> gives "550 Unknown user "list" at "ex.ac.uk"" because it has gone
> ahead and tried to verify the list member. If I leave the bad address
> in and add a good address then exim4 gives "250 Accepted".
>
> Is this what should be expected?

Yes. From doc/Exim4.upgrade:

. When an address is being verified, if it is redirected to a single new
address, verification continues with that address. If it is redirected to
more than one address, verification ceases with a success result. (In Exim 3,
this applied only to aliasing, not to forwarding.)